Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MOTHER OF THE LAND ~ QUEEN OF THE NILE

by Cheri Noire on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 7:13pm

Africa the Mother Land over all the other nations beauty and rich with prosperity
Diamonds, gold, tanzanite and the richness of the soil but misused in disparity
Land of so many colors; mahogany, ebony but I adore the richness of my sand
Light in complexion radiant as I glow priceless like the richness of my land
Color of gold my complexion as I shine radiant as others stare
High cheek bones, long neck with thick flowing black hair  
Green with envy in the eyes of those who want to prosperous like me
Humble as I flourish in the wetlands so bountiful, flush & green
Black for the beauty of the people with their fight for life
Surviving near the edge careful not to fall down from the currant of the Nile
This is my story with the drum beat of the land this is my song
Never duplicated, compromised and underestimated for too long
Wait and watch but don’t be surprise
The day of which I will come back stronger as I Rise.

P.S. (Poetically Seductive)
MOTHER OF THE LAND ~ QUEEN OF THE NILE
Cheri Noire @;~;~~

No comments: